Damian Lillard’s signature shoe campaigns have always had a strong storytelling component to them but this time we wanted to show that it’s not all about Dame. We wanted to show how he is a leader not just on his team, but within his community, which leads to the tagline ‘All Rise’. Wherever his journey has taken him Dame has always embodied the ideas of leadership and inclusivity, wether that is Oakland, Ogden or Oregon. An ambitious photoshoot with over 100 extras helped express the idea of everyone coming together to express the concept of ‘All Rise’.
To help tell his story through the creative, we used hand drawn ballpoint pen handwriting and sketches as a nod Dame writing down his thoughts and story in his rhyme book. Each colorway was based on a story from Dame’s past and was paired with sketches that helped express those stories.
I was involved with the entire campaign creation from initial briefings through final asset delivery. My role as a designer on the project was to help craft the overall look, feel and tone of the campaign with direction from my Senior Designer and Design Director. I was directly involved in the following aspects of the project:
• Curating initial moodboards
• Creating creative direction sell-in presentations
• Location scouting, casting extras and helping guide athlete photoshoot
• Lead product photography shoot and retouching
• Finalizing athlete images and retouching
• Guiding and building final deliverable toolkit and guidelines
• Final asset prep and delivery