Damian Lillard’s signature shoe campaigns have always had a strong storytelling component to them but this time we wanted to show that it’s not all about Dame. We wanted to show how he is a leader not just on his team, but within his community, which lead to the tagline ‘All Rise’. Wherever his journey has taken him, Dame has always embodied the ideas of leadership and inclusivity; in Oakland, Ogden or Oregon.
An ambitious photoshoot with over 100 extras helped highlight this idea by showing that Dame is just as much a leader in the community as he is on-court. To help tell his story through the creative, we used ballpoint pen handwriting and sketches as a nod Dame writing down his thoughts in his rhyme book. Each colorway was based on a story from Dame’s past and paired with sketches that help tell those stories.
I was involved with the entire campaign creation from initial briefings through final asset delivery. My role as a designer on the project was to help craft the overall look, feel and tone of the campaign with direction from my Senior Designer and Design Director. I was directly involved in the following aspects of the project:
• Curating initial moodboards
• Assembling creative direction sell-in presentations
• Location scouting, casting extras and guiding athlete photoshoot
• Leading product photography and retouching
• Finalizing athlete photography and retouching
• Guiding and building final deliverable toolkit and guidelines
• Final asset prep and delivery